Friends, apologies for the long delay in posting this — we had technical issues, life issues and Doctor Who issues! Well, the first two were the reasons we were held up in making this podcast available to you. The third? That’s what brings this episode onto the internets!
Liz and Rudy are joined by round-table regulars Barrett, Beth, Megan and Jay to break down the year of Doctor Who in 2013. Who actively dislikes Clara? Who is REALLY alarmingly mad at the Christmas special? Who still prefers Moffat over Davies? How much wine did we drink? Well, you will find out by listening!
And we promise that soon, we will have a new episode catching you up with all the recent time travel news. We will also definitely be back full-time when Peter Capaldi is back on our screens!
But of course I needed to make it super difficult for myself so I decided to mix things up a bit by:
- Redraw all the characters so that everyone is uniform and front on
- Include the Doctors from all of the series
- Make the game more accessible as a Guess Who game for non-Whovians (i.e. make sure there’s more than two of each of the following: male, female, hat, tie, glasses, and other typical Guess Who questions)
- Try to make the cards look as close to the original cards as possible
- Do all of this by said friend’s birthday
Spoiler: I didn’t finish this by my friend’s birthday. Or by Christmas. It was more of an early Valentines/late birthday/Christmas gift in the end, but it was all worth it.
I might post some better photos of the finished product later, but for now these camera phone shots will suffice. Happy late Birthday/Christmas/early Valentines, Ness!
This is amazing! You’re a great illustrator :)
This is A+ fanwork, right here.
Who wants to build a snowman? It doesn’t have to be a snowman. In fact, considering what snowmen are like in the Who-Universe, it shouldn’t be a snowmaaaaaaan…..
Soooooo cute. (And also true!)
My honest to god first thought: